Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My choice: My wawa


So as of yesterday I was deemed the official “Social Media Manager” at the Independence Edge Art Studio.  That’s right, they have finally found a use for my otherwise counter-productive Facebook addiction. My title means that I get to post on behalf of the studio updates and notifications.  I will promote and perform the public outreach for stuff we do down in the dungeon.  They are also letting me run my event idea of  “Nude Figure Drawing” sessions.  I plan to go all hipster-spiff with this, there will be live acoustic music or poetry and dessert along with naked people.  Vicki my best friend and roommate, whose also one of the director of Edge says that we can’t make dessert legally because if someone gets sick we could be sued.  So I’m on the look out for a bakery to cater or sell stuff instead, or maybe a lawyer that can bake.

Speaking of baked things, I’m in a relationship now with Erik (my friend I performed at carnivolution with, the one that got electrocuted with the pickle).  It’s weird how two weird things together are not weird at all.  I like it a lot.  I told myself I wasn’t going to get into a relationship with anyone for awhile; I have a lot of issues with people from the past I have a hard time letting go of.  But true happiness is about finding it in the present, and true pain is focusing on happiness in the past.  It’s just like how I’ve had to deal with Chiari, I had to move on from a love of running and biochemistry to a love of music art and sideshow performances.  Sometimes when I’m drunk I’ll still try to do chemistry problems, but sober it makes me cry, more so than an ex boyfriend could.  The pain in my head always reminds me why we broke up.  Oh, and I dropped out of college again.  I don’t think I’ll ever be cut out for that world. I don’t fit into systems, and I can’t perform at someone else’s pace.  I was getting straight A’s at Temple in Media Productions, but I didn’t feel like I was doing anything that made me happy, or giving me the life I wanted to live.  I was spending all my time stressing out my body and brain on things like 8 hours of reading the Illiad, which gave me no time for friends or music or any of the things that make it worth waking up in the morning.  This made my headaches and other symptoms more brutal and forced me to go out into the snow everyday in my power-chair, catching cold after cold virus, getting stuck in snow banks and having to be dug out by strangers in the ghetto, and having to drive my chair in the middle of the streets because the sidewalks weren’t shoveled.  My chair began to break, and so did my sanity after one of my friends from our Sick and Sexy Society group died suddenly from pneumonia.  It put a lot into perspective for me.  Since then I’ve been playing guitar everyday, working on only the projects I want to, and making it a point to tell everyone that I love that I love them.  I don’t feel like I’ve failed, I feel like I’m finding my place in the world.  Erik says you don’t go to art college to graduate anyway, he went to UArts and has a bunch of experience with learning vs. creativity.  I like learning from those who don’t teach.

It’s rainy and cold out today, but it’s a beautiful day.  I can just stay in, listen to my favorite Pandora station, play with Bunny Savage Jr. the cat, and work on my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment